The 1 1/8-mile Blue Grass, which is the same distance as the Santa Anita Derby, will be contested on April 10.
"As of right now we're still on target for the Santa Anita Derby," Biancone said. "But we are also considering the Blue Grass. With the news that Eurosilver wouldn't be in the Blue Grass we (he and owners Michael Tabor and Derrick Smith) discussed the possibility of changing our plans.
"We'll let (Lion Heart) work Monday and then decide."
Lion Heart, who will be ridden by Mike Smith, is a winner of three of his four career starts for earnings of $350,800, including the Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) and Hollywood Prevue Stakes (gr. III). He was second to Imperialism in his last start, the March 6 San Rafael Stakes (gr. II).
Acccording to Biancone, Lion Heart will work five furlongs on Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays