The 1 1/8-mile Blue Grass, which is the same distance as the Santa Anita Derby, will be contested on April 10.
"As of right now we're still on target for the Santa Anita Derby," Biancone said. "But we are also considering the Blue Grass. With the news that Eurosilver wouldn't be in the Blue Grass we (he and owners Michael Tabor and Derrick Smith) discussed the possibility of changing our plans.
"We'll let (Lion Heart) work Monday and then decide."
Lion Heart, who will be ridden by Mike Smith, is a winner of three of his four career starts for earnings of $350,800, including the Hollywood Futurity (gr. I) and Hollywood Prevue Stakes (gr. III). He was second to Imperialism in his last start, the March 6 San Rafael Stakes (gr. II).
Acccording to Biancone, Lion Heart will work five furlongs on Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Dynamic Trade Continues at Arqana Sale
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise