The Maryland Jockey Club will hold a job fair for the 129th running of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico Race Course on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The middle jewel of the Visa Triple Crown takes place on May 15 at the northwest Baltimore track.There will be temporary special event positions for admissions, parking, mutuels, janitorial, marketing/customer service and food service for Preakness Day, as well as several other signature special event days on the racing calendar. "The Preakness is Maryland's largest single-day sporting event, and one of the biggest in the region," said Maryland Jockey Club executive vice president Karin De Francis. "To produce the best day possible for the fans, we need assistance. The day is vital to the economic development of the city and generates work for the people of Baltimore."
Most Popular Stories
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Chasing Landaluce
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points