The 67th running of the $1-million Santa Anita Handicap on Saturday kicks off a live weekend racing show on KDOC-TV (Channel 56) for the remainder of the meeting.
"HorseRacing TV Live From Santa Anita" will air from 4 to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday through April 18. Saturday's show features the grade I Big 'Cap, featuring Breeders' Cup Classic winner Pleasantly Perfect. Sunday's show includes the $150,000 San Carlos Handicap (gr. II), topped by Breeders' Cup Sprint runner-up Bluesthestandard.
"With the great support of KDOC, we now have the opportunity to present the live broadcast of the very best of California racing during the most anticipated stretch of Santa Anita's great winter meet," Jack McDaniel, president of Santa Anita, said.
KDOC, an independent broadcaster serving the Los Angeles market with access to 5.4 million homes and 16-million people, has an 18-year history with Santa Anita. The station airs the track's nightly replay show and has featured several magazine-style and handicapping shows over the years.Produced and uplinked from the Santa Anita Broadcast Center, HorseRacing TV (HRTV) offers around-the-clock coverage of horseracing action from the vast network of tracks owned by Magna Entertainment Corporation.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes