The carryover is among the largest in track history and the biggest since a two-day carryover of $732,097 last April 5. An additional $2.2 million was bet into the pool the following day, April 6, and track officials are expecting at least that much to be wagered into the pool on Wednesday.Longshots dominated action again Sunday, leading to the third straight carryover.Phaedra got things rolling in the fourth race – first leg of the Pick Six -- with a four-length victory at 6-1 odds. Four Checker, 30-1 on the morning line, rallied from far back and scored at 7-1 odds in the fifth race. First-time starter Cat Carson continued the trend with a ¾-length victory at 17-1 in the sixth, followed by the lone favorite to win in the sequence, Gems Of Wisdom, who prevailed by a head at even money in the seventh.
In the featured $111,350 La Habra Stakes, Very Vegas led gate to wire under Mick Ruis at 16-1, and in the ninth and final race Fabulous West rallied to victory at 8-1 odds.Sunday's gross Pick Six pool was $2,202,737 including a two-day carryover of $413,313.The all-time Santa Anita record is a five-day carryover of $1,830,146 set on Jan. 23, 1991.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity