Churchill Downs, home of the famed Kentucky Derby, and Pepsi, the official soft drink of Churchill Downs, have joined forces in a promotion that will place millions of Pepsi cans that bear the 2004 Kentucky Derby Logo on the shelves of retailers in three states.Promoters will launch an online contest that offers a grand prize of four tickets to this year's 130th renewal of the "Run for the Roses." PepsiAmericas will distribute approximately 20 million Pepsi cans carrying the Derby logo and information on the "Joy of Derby" online contest to retailers in markets in Kentucky, Indiana and Illinois. The first of the Derby 130 Pepsi cans arrived at retail outlets this week and are being promoted through in-store displays and radio advertising. Entries are already being accepted for the online contest, which offers a grand prize of four tickets to the 2004 Kentucky Derby on May 1. The tickets will go to one lucky entrant whose name is randomly drawn from the entrants who register online at Churchill Downs and PepsiAmerica's "Joy of Derby" Web site. Derby fans may register for the tickets by supplying all requested information in an online entry form that is available at www.joyofderby.com. Entries must be submitted by 5 p.m. (EDT) on April 15 and are limited to one per person, per e-mail address. No purchase is required to enter the contest.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points