Four of the track's stakes events will see changes in either distance or purse size in 2004. Two stakes slated for the meet's closing weekend saw their purses climb by $25,000 to $100,000. The Sept. 4 Dade Park Turf Classic and the Sept. 6 Tri-State Handicap will each be run at 1 1/16 miles on turf. Both races were run at 1 1/8 miles in 2003.
The $100,000 added Ellis Park Breeders' Cup Handicap, to be contested on Aug. 14, will see its distance extended by a sixteenth of a mile to 6 1/2 furlongs.
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- String King to Try Dirt at Fair Grounds
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Drug Testing Not Without Its Challenges
- Kentucky Steps Toward Medication Uniformity