"He'll gallop a couple starting Thursday and I've lined up a mount on Sunday's card," said Day's longtime agent Doc Danner. "He wanted to make sure he had his air and his winds and his legs under him before getting back out there. Pat is never going to go out there unless he can give 100 percent."
Day underwent shoulder surgery after riding through November in Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk