"He'll gallop a couple starting Thursday and I've lined up a mount on Sunday's card," said Day's longtime agent Doc Danner. "He wanted to make sure he had his air and his winds and his legs under him before getting back out there. Pat is never going to go out there unless he can give 100 percent."
Day underwent shoulder surgery after riding through November in Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Effort to Resolve VA Dates Fails Again
- New York Owner/Breeder Bomze Dies at 76
- That Handicapping Show: Rebel Stakes
- Maryland-Based Owner Heft Dies at 94
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19