The novel was originally published in the United States and spent six weeks on the New York Times and Washington Post best sellers list. The book was translated into Japanese and is currently on sale in Japan. "Seabiscuit" starring Tobey Maguire, Jeff Bridges, and Chris Cooper will open in Japan on Jan. 24. The JRA Cultural Award is given to a person or organization that has made outstanding contributions to the development of equine culture, through literature, the media, fine arts, films, music, or other such fields.
JRA introduced first the annual JRA awards for the "Horses of the Year" in 1972, and the JRA Equine Cultural Award was added to the awards in 1986.
Most Popular Stories
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says