The novel was originally published in the United States and spent six weeks on the New York Times and Washington Post best sellers list. The book was translated into Japanese and is currently on sale in Japan. "Seabiscuit" starring Tobey Maguire, Jeff Bridges, and Chris Cooper will open in Japan on Jan. 24. The JRA Cultural Award is given to a person or organization that has made outstanding contributions to the development of equine culture, through literature, the media, fine arts, films, music, or other such fields.
JRA introduced first the annual JRA awards for the "Horses of the Year" in 1972, and the JRA Equine Cultural Award was added to the awards in 1986.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones