A memorial service will be held today at 1 p.m. for Hannah Blumenthal, a pony rider at Belmont Park, who died Jan. 7th as the result of a severe head injury sustained in a riding accident at the track on Dec. 26th. The 52-year-old Blumenthal was transported by ambulance to Winthrop Hospital in Mineola after she fell at Belmont Park's pony track, where she was ponying a horse for trainer Colum O'Brien. She remained in critical condition in the intensive care ward following surgery and never regained consciousness.
The service will be held at I.J. Morris Funeral Home, 46 Greenwich St., Hempstead, N.Y. (off of Peninsula Blvd.); telephone: (516) 486-2500.
Most Popular Stories
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Florida Derby Card to Receive Purse Incentive
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Hernandez Reaches 1,000th Victory Milestone
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture