A memorial service will be held today at 1 p.m. for Hannah Blumenthal, a pony rider at Belmont Park, who died Jan. 7th as the result of a severe head injury sustained in a riding accident at the track on Dec. 26th. The 52-year-old Blumenthal was transported by ambulance to Winthrop Hospital in Mineola after she fell at Belmont Park's pony track, where she was ponying a horse for trainer Colum O'Brien. She remained in critical condition in the intensive care ward following surgery and never regained consciousness.
The service will be held at I.J. Morris Funeral Home, 46 Greenwich St., Hempstead, N.Y. (off of Peninsula Blvd.); telephone: (516) 486-2500.
Most Popular Stories
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners
- Kettle Corn Retired, Will Stand in Ohio
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Immediate Effects of Shoeing on Horses' Movement
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour