Jockey Ryan Fogelsonger, Eclipse Award-winning apprentice rider last year, will be forced to miss the final week of the Hollywood Park meet because of injuries suffered in unrelated spills there on Dec. 12.Fogelsonger suffered a shoulder injury that will keep him sidelined at least through the first Santa Anita book on Jan. 6, agent Michelle Barsotti said Wednesday."He has a tear in his shoulder where the muscle keeps away from the bone," said Barsotti after an MRI was taken at Huntington Hospital in Pasadena. "He is in a sling and can't have movement of the arm until it heals. There will be no operation, but his condition is painful and will need to be updated each week."Fogelsonger, in his first Hollywood Park meet, was tenth in the standings with eight winners.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Pure Romance to Sponsor Bourbonette Oaks
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Kentucky Horsemen Prepped on New Drug Rules
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55