Blood-Horse Publications announced Wednesday that Jim Cox will succeed Greg Medley as advertising director, effective Jan. 1, 2004. Medley is leaving Blood-Horse Publications after 19 years to pursue a family business opportunity in Arizona.
Cox, 43, has been research director for Blood-Horse Publications since 1998, overseeing a variety of industry services, including The Blood-Horse Stallion Register, Auction Edge, The Blood-Horse Source and The Horse Source, and The Blood-Horse Professional Packaeg of supplements. Cox's present duties also include overseeing statistical sections of The Blood-Horse magazine including the sire lists, stakes shells, additional stakes, and newcomers.
"We couldn't have hoped for a stronger candidate or a smoother transition," noted Stacy V. Bearse, president and CEO of Blood-Horse Publications.
Ray Paulick, executive vice president of Blood-Horse Publications, commented, "Jim is largely responsible for two of the company's most important new products: the Auction Edge catalogue supplement, and the soon to be launched Online Stallion Register. His work on both projects showed tremendous leadership and innovation."
Prior to becoming research director for Blood-Horse Publications, Cox worked for Fasig-Tipton Sales Company, Thoroughbred of California magazine, Pope Advertising Agency, Saybrook Advertising Agency, Thoroughbred Times, The Cornett Group Advertising Agency, and Thorough-Graphic Sign Company.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award