Blood-Horse Publications announced Wednesday that Jim Cox will succeed Greg Medley as advertising director, effective Jan. 1, 2004. Medley is leaving Blood-Horse Publications after 19 years to pursue a family business opportunity in Arizona.
Cox, 43, has been research director for Blood-Horse Publications since 1998, overseeing a variety of industry services, including The Blood-Horse Stallion Register, Auction Edge, The Blood-Horse Source and The Horse Source, and The Blood-Horse Professional Packaeg of supplements. Cox's present duties also include overseeing statistical sections of The Blood-Horse magazine including the sire lists, stakes shells, additional stakes, and newcomers.
"We couldn't have hoped for a stronger candidate or a smoother transition," noted Stacy V. Bearse, president and CEO of Blood-Horse Publications.
Ray Paulick, executive vice president of Blood-Horse Publications, commented, "Jim is largely responsible for two of the company's most important new products: the Auction Edge catalogue supplement, and the soon to be launched Online Stallion Register. His work on both projects showed tremendous leadership and innovation."
Prior to becoming research director for Blood-Horse Publications, Cox worked for Fasig-Tipton Sales Company, Thoroughbred of California magazine, Pope Advertising Agency, Saybrook Advertising Agency, Thoroughbred Times, The Cornett Group Advertising Agency, and Thorough-Graphic Sign Company.
Most Popular Stories
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Judy the Beauty Splendid in Las Flores Score
- After the Wire: Santa Anita Handicap
- Expectations High for OBS 2-Year-Old Sale
- Darley Sire Lonhro Enters Australian Hall
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Golden Gate Fields Adds Alcatraz Stakes
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%