"They asked me if it was OK if they named her after me and I said yes," Pesci said. "Then I thought if the horse is named after me I might as well own part of her."
New Jersey native Pesci has been a lifelong racing fan, spending time at Monmouth Park and several other tracks, and has been a regular visitor to Santa Anita and Hollywood Park over the past several years. Though Pesci is his first racehorse, he's no stranger to horse care. As a young man he worked at a local stable.
"I remember cleaning stalls and the huge mounds of manure steaming in the cold weather," Pesci said.
Pesci won the Academy Award for his portrayal of the mobster Tommy DeVito in the movie "Goodfellas" and has also starred in such notable films as "My Cousin Vinny," "Raging Bull," two "Lethal Weapon" installments, "Home Alone" and "Casino."
According to Pesci, he will "definitely be there" when his namesake makes her debut next week.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Dynamic Trade Continues at Arqana Sale
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale