Wildwood Flower, an unbeaten half sister to stakes star Eye Of The Tiger, will be shipped south from Bay Meadows Wednesday to make her stakes debut in Hollywood Park's $100,000 Moccasin Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at seven furlongs on Sunday, according to trainer Jerry Hollendorfer."She's a filly, and he's a colt, so it's hard to compare them, but they have similar body types," said Hollendorfer of Wildwood Flower and her successful half-brother. Patrick Valenzuela has the Moccasin call.Wildwood Flower, by Langfuhr out of the Phone Trick mare Dial a Trick, is a homebred owned by John Gunther. She broke her maiden at first asking at Bay Meadows September 27 and returned to win a six-furlong allowance race there October 30.Trainer Leonard Duncan confirmed Steal My Kisses as a Moccasin starter after a satisfactory work in 1:27 and change Sunday. Julie Krone has the call.Other possibles include Hot Weekend, Luckbealadytonight and Vino Tinto.
Luckbealadytonight worked four furlongs in :48.00 Tuesday for the Bob Baffert stable, while Vino Tinto drilled the same distance in :48 3/5 for trainer Nick Hines.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru