"We gave him 30 days off," Dollase said. "He's up at Michelle's (daughter Michelle Dollase's nearby Bradbury farm). After the race, we had him x-rayed all over just to make sure nothing serious happened to him when he got bumped and they were negative. Pat (jockey Day) said he got hit hard and thought he may have hurt his back again, but thank goodness he didn't."
Dollase said the son of Deputy Commander and the Criminal Type mare Wanted Again will most likely use the San Antonio Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) in early January as a springboard to the nine-furlong Strub, restricted to 4-year-olds, on Feb. 7. Ten Most Wanted, who also won the Super Derby (gr. II) and the Illinois Derby (gr. II) this year, banked $1,553,460 from a record of 11-4-3-1 overall.
"The good news is that we'll have a nice, fresh 4-year-old next year," Dollase said. "We had a great year with him this year and we're planning on a big one next year, too."
Dollase also said that Irish Warrior, the fourth-place finisher in the NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), would start next in the Citation Handicap (gr. IIT) on Nov. 29 at Hollywood Park.
"He saved the day for us," Dollase said of the son of Irish River who has won six of 26 career starts for earnings of $585,000.
Sycamore Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT) winner Sharbayan, currently riding a four-race win streak, may start next in the River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs on Nov. 16.
"I thought about running him out here at Hollywood, but the turf course is too hard for him," Dollase said. "He likes the softer ground."
Sharbayan, an Irish-bred son of Doyoun and Sharbata (by Kahyasi) has won six of 11 career starts, with two seconds, for earnings of $232,741.
Most Popular Stories
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge