"I suppose all good things come to an end, but we hope Mick will continue to ride for the stable when available," O'Brien told The Racing Post. "Mick has given our horses some wonderful rides over the years and his ride on High Chaparral in the Breeders' Cup clearly demonstrated he has lost none of his strength, flair or determination." Before moving to Ballydoyle, the 44-year-old Kinane was with Dermot Weld from 1984 until 1998.
Among the top horses he rode for O'Brien and owners John and Susan Magnier and Michael Tabor are Galileo, High Chaparral, Rock Of Gibraltar, Imagine and Hawk Wing. Kinane rode 17 group or grade I winners for the Ballydoyle team in 2001, probably their best year.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- DiEmanuele Named to Woodbine's Board
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Nutritional Management of Insulin Resistance in Horses