"I suppose all good things come to an end, but we hope Mick will continue to ride for the stable when available," O'Brien told The Racing Post. "Mick has given our horses some wonderful rides over the years and his ride on High Chaparral in the Breeders' Cup clearly demonstrated he has lost none of his strength, flair or determination." Before moving to Ballydoyle, the 44-year-old Kinane was with Dermot Weld from 1984 until 1998.
Among the top horses he rode for O'Brien and owners John and Susan Magnier and Michael Tabor are Galileo, High Chaparral, Rock Of Gibraltar, Imagine and Hawk Wing. Kinane rode 17 group or grade I winners for the Ballydoyle team in 2001, probably their best year.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- NH House Rejects Expanded Gaming Bill Again
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses