Pletcher Sees Plus in Nashua
Updated: Sunday, November 2, 2003 1:55 PM
Posted: Friday, October 31, 2003 4:08 PM
Value Plus has seen his value go down after a pair of stakes losses, but the Todd Pletcher trainee seeks to rebound in Sunday's $100,000 Nashua Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct. The one-turn mile drew 11 2-year-olds.
Value Plus was defeated by Eurosilver in the Lane's End Breeders' Futurity (gr. II) at Keeneland four weeks ago. "It was a rough trip," said Pletcher. "He got a little tired. He's a nice horse who's still developing, and this is a good spot for him." Value Plus was fourth in the Keeneland effort beaten six lengths. He races for Aaron and Marie Jones.
Read the Footnotes is another who was under consideration for the Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), but a sixth-place finish in the Champagne (gr. I) derailed those hopes. Good Reward looms another logical contender in the Nashua.
The field for the Nashua, in post position order with jockeys and weights:
1) Read the Footnotes (Jerry Bailey, 118)
2) Tsuzomin (Luis Munar, 118)
3) Big Booster (Richard Migliore, 116)
4) Value Plus (John Velazquez, 116)
5) Paddington (Ramon Dominguez, 120)
6) China Coast (Jorge Chavez, 116)
7) War Fever (Pablo Fragoso, 116)
8) Good Reward (Edgar Prado, 116)
9) Charismatic Rob (Javier Castellano, 116)
10) Motivus (Norberto Arroyo Jr., 116)
11) Who Is Chris G (Mike Luzzi, 116)
FREE! E-Newsletters from The Blood-Horse!...
Follow the top stories of major racing events, racing previews and results with FREE e-newsletters from bloodhorse.com. As news develops, we'll deliver updates to your inbox. Follow important events moment by moment, step by step!