Fans at Aqueduct for opening day Wednesday of the Big A's 44-day fall meeting will notice that New York City's track is undergoing changes. But while these changes are being made, the racing will continue, capped by HolidayFest (Nov. 27-30) and the $350,000 Cigar Mile (gr. I) on Nov. 29.Because of the changes, the backyard area will not be open to the public. The entire second floor grandstand will also be closed, as will the Children's Playroom. The arcade games will be relocated to a new area on the first floor grandstand.The only grandstand area that will be open is the first floor grandstand, where admission will be $1. Entrance will be through Admission Gate C (Subway Gate) only. Clubhouse admission is being reduced from $3 to $2, with Skyline Club admission an additional $1.
"The New York Racing Association is grateful to its faithful fans at Aqueduct, and appreciates their loyalty," said Bill Nader, NYRA senior vice president. "We apologize for any inconvenience, but believe that the fans that know us realize that our mission is to provide quality racing for our fans to enjoy in a comfortable environment. We will continue to strive in this area while Aqueduct undergoes its changes."There is racing at Aqueduct from Wednesday through Sunday through Dec. 31 except for two Tuesdays – Nov. 4 and 11 – when Aqueduct will be dark on the following Wednesdays. There will be no racing on Dec. 24 and 25.
Most Popular Stories
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases
- Louies Flower Blooms in Springboard Mile