"She's doing great," Valenzuela said. "I thought we were going slower than that. She fooled me. She was going faster than I wanted. David has her ready."
Hofmans agreed Adoration worked a little faster than he'd hoped, "but she did it easily. Pat didn't move on her. She's very keen and wanting to go."
Joseph Higgins' Dimitrova, who drew post 10 for the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT), had an easy drill on the turf Wednesday morning as clockers caught her at three-quarters of a mile in 1:17 around the dogs on a firm course with jockey Pat Smullen up.
"She just went along at a fast gallop," trainer Dermot Weld said. "She actually went seven furlongs, once around the course.
"This is Pat's first time at Santa Anita, so I wanted him to have a look at the course. He's ridden at Hollywood Park before, but this is his first trip here. This way, he and the filly got a look at the turf together."
Under regular rider Alex Solis, Minister Eric worked three furlongs in :36 4/5 at Santa Anita on Wednesday."He went real nice," said Mandella. "It was just a little something to make up for the gap between races." (Minister Eric has not raced since Sept. 10, when he finished second in the Del Mar Futurity)."Dessert, who was pre-entered in the Filly & Mare Turf, was withdrawn from consideration on Wednesday morning."She tied up a little yesterday and today," said Mandella "Her muscles tied up and cramped. We took some tests this morning, and they showed her enzymes were elevated. She will have to race another day."
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong