Two-time stakes winner For Rubies is the morning line favorite for Saturday's $100,000 Safely Kept Stakes (gr. III) at Pimlico. Seven of the eight 3-year-old fillies for the six-furlong match are entering the race off victories.
For Rubies has won stakes at Prairie Meadows and Arlington Park, and was second most recently in the Duchess (gr. III) at Woodbine.
The field for the Safely Kept, in post position order, with trainers, jockeys, and morning-line odds:
1) Wilzada (Tony Dutrow, Mario Pino, 7/2)
2) For Rubies (Lynn Whiting, Herberto Castillo, 5/2)
3) Shawklit Mint (Patrick Reynolds, Harry Vega, 5-1)
4) Spelling (Francis Campitelli, Frank Alavardo, 5-1)
5) Private Academy (John Fee, TBA, 30-1)
6) Amazing Lady (Jimmy Murphy, Jeremy Rose, 15-1)
7) Miss Lodi (Tom Amoss, Ryan Fogelsonger, 6-1)
8) Zawtooth (Todd Pletcher, Mike Luzzi, 4-1)