Ascanio said that all of the Frankel-trained Breeders' Cup runners will remain at Hollywood Park and be shipped to Santa Anita a "couple" of days before.
"Just enough time for them to school and see the track a little," Ascanio said.
Other notable Breeders' Cup works on Sunday:
Oak Leaf (gr. I) winner Halfbridled, the probable favorite in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), worked :59 2/5 under jockey Julie Krone. In company with stablemate Crazy Ensign, the daughter of Unbridled was clocked galloping out six furlongs in 1:12 3/5.
"She worked great, I couldn't be happier," trainer Richard Mandella said.
Fellow Mandella trainees Dessert and Johar, bound for the Filly and Mare Turf and John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), respectively, both logged a mile in 1:40 4/5 over Santa Anita's firm turf course.
Turf candidates Storming Home worked on the lawn for trainer Neil Drysdale, worked six furlongs in 1:16 1/5 around the dogs with former jockey Corey Black aboard. Drysdale's NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I) contenders Touch of the Blues and Sarafan both posted a half-mile drills, the former stopping the clock in :52 4/5 and the latter getting a time of :52 1/5
Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) hopeful Bluesthestandard drilled three furlongs in a bullet :33 1/5.
Possible Breeders Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge – contender Toccet went a half-mile in :52 4/5 on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Santa Ana Features Return of Emollient
- 'Derby Poker Bourbon Bash' to Benefit TCA
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses