Ascanio said that all of the Frankel-trained Breeders' Cup runners will remain at Hollywood Park and be shipped to Santa Anita a "couple" of days before.
"Just enough time for them to school and see the track a little," Ascanio said.
Other notable Breeders' Cup works on Sunday:
Oak Leaf (gr. I) winner Halfbridled, the probable favorite in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), worked :59 2/5 under jockey Julie Krone. In company with stablemate Crazy Ensign, the daughter of Unbridled was clocked galloping out six furlongs in 1:12 3/5.
"She worked great, I couldn't be happier," trainer Richard Mandella said.
Fellow Mandella trainees Dessert and Johar, bound for the Filly and Mare Turf and John Deere Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT), respectively, both logged a mile in 1:40 4/5 over Santa Anita's firm turf course.
Turf candidates Storming Home worked on the lawn for trainer Neil Drysdale, worked six furlongs in 1:16 1/5 around the dogs with former jockey Corey Black aboard. Drysdale's NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I) contenders Touch of the Blues and Sarafan both posted a half-mile drills, the former stopping the clock in :52 4/5 and the latter getting a time of :52 1/5
Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) hopeful Bluesthestandard drilled three furlongs in a bullet :33 1/5.
Possible Breeders Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge – contender Toccet went a half-mile in :52 4/5 on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award
- Ramsey Farm 2013 - Ken Ramsey Interview
- Stem Cells to Treat Chronic Laminitis: The Sooner the Better
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell