Jockeys Dean Butler and Joe Johnson were involved in a spill in the sixth race at Keeneland.
Butler's horse, Al Sami, clipped heels with another horse at the top of the stretch and fell. Johnson's horse, Jetticus, stumbled over Al Sami. Both riders were thrown from their horses. Butler was treated and released at Keeneland's first-aid room. Johnson was sent to a local hospital for x-rays.
Al Sami died in the fall. Jetticus was returned to his barn to be examined by his veterinarian. (Chart, Equibase)
Most Popular Stories
- Southwest Regional: Double Barrel
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Southeast Regional: Investing in Success
- Reinventing Racing - By Eric Mitchell
- One Last Hope to Salvage Illinois 2014 Season
- G3 Winner Keep Up Retired to Mill Ridge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/17/2013
- After the Wire: Shared Belief, Midnight Hawk
- Lasix-Free BC Juveniles Show Few EIPH Cases
- Louies Flower Blooms in Springboard Mile