Class Above, getting ready for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), worked seven furlongs in 1:24 4/5 with Barnes aboard. The filly went without blinkers despite the fact that she's worn them in her two career starts, including for her 16-length Kentucky Cup Juvenile Fillies romp.
"She went awesome; very easy and relaxed. It was a good work. She went the first half in :50 and then picked it up a little bit. She needed a good, hard work and that was it. We had to blow all the cobwebs out."Margaret Ransom contributed to this article.
Most Popular Stories
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- Rice Plots Spots for Palace; Gravesend Next