It's been almost four years since the last time, but Sunday at Fair Grounds, Green Fee will try to again post a win on the Stall-Wilson turf course.
Green Fee joins 10 other older horses going about 1 1/16 mile on the grass in the $75,000 Colonel E.R. Bradley Handicap.
Owned by Robert and Lawana Low and trained by Dan Peitz, Green Fee has an allowance win over the turf at Fair Grounds in March 1999. The jockey that day was Larry Melancon. This time Melancon will break Green Fee from the No. 11 post Sunday as the 120-pound highweight.
Green Fee, the 2-1 morning line favorite, has had five works at Fair Grounds since finishing fifth in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) in his last start.
Following an off-the-turf allowance win opening week, Candid Glen gets set to return to the grass for trainer Andrew Leggio Jr. Candid Glen's only win from six starts on Fair Grounds' turf came in the 2001 Fair Grounds Breeders' Cup Handicap.
Storybook Kid makes his stakes debut on a turf course he has relished the past two seasons. The Alvin Sider trainee owns four wins from six starts with a pair of runner-up finishes over this course. $75,000 Colonel E.R. Bradley Handicap, 4 & up, about 1 1/16 mille on turf
PP. (Jockey, Wgt.)
1. Royal Spy (Robby Albarado, 116)
2. Noticion (Calvin Borel, 111)
3. Devil Time (Willie Martinez, 112)
4. Coach Rags (Gerard Melancon, 114)
5. Freefourinternet (Shane Sellers, 114)
6. Dynameaux (Roman Chapa, 115)
7. Promise of War (Frank Lovato Jr., 111)
8. Candid Glen (E.J. Perrodin, 116)
9. Storybook Kid (Eddie Martin Jr., 112)
10. Astrologist (Corey Lanerie, 112)
11. Green Fee (Larry Melancon, 120)