The FBI opened a preliminary investigation into De Francis' 1998 $250,000 donation to Republican Ellen Sauerbrey during her unsuccessful run for governor. The details of that investigation, which began in June, are yet to be released, according to The Washington Post.Through the years, De Francis has been one of the largest contributors to Miller's national committee. The committee, which promotes Democratic control of state legislators nationwide, spent around $450,000 in Maryland during the last election, according to a report from The Washington Post. De Francis' attorney told The Washington Post that his client has spoken with investigators but maintains that De Francis did nothing wrong.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Online Stallion Season Auction Set for Iowa