>Mrs. Betty L. Mabee, owner of Golden Eagle Farm in Ramona, Calif., announced today that Ms. Janine McCullough has been hired to fill the new position of business manager for the farm.
>"We're very pleased to have Janine join our team," said Mrs. Mabee. "With her experience in business and the horse industry, she will help take us to a new level of excellence. She's smart, experienced, energetic, and she loves the horse industry. One can't ask for a better combination than that."
>Ms. McCullough will oversee farm office operations, advertising and the booking of Golden Eagle's seven stallions. She will also help launch a new program of expanded services for horses boarding at Golden Eagle,
offering care from the foaling barn to the training track. As part of this program plans are in the works for a new seven-furlong training track that will allow horses to go directly from the farm to the track.
>The hiring of Ms. McCullough is the latest in a series of changes at the Ramona farm. Walther Solis was promoted in the last year to the position of director of thoroughbred operations with responsibility for all livestock. Mark Ramer was promoted recently to be the director of farm Operations and is in charge of physical farm, buildings, and machinery.
Larry Mabee, son of Mrs. Mabee and the late John C. Mabee, added: "Since Dad passed away 18 months ago, we have worked diligently to revamp our farm operation from top to bottom with new equipment, policies, and procedures. With Janine on board with Walther and Mark, we're very optimistic about the future of Golden Eagle Farm."
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Scapes Carries On to Hillsborough Score
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Testa Rossi Cruises in Florida Oaks Stretch
- Fiorente Proves Best in Australian Cup
- Vercingetorix Co-Stars on Super Saturday
- Prince Bishop Makes Strong Meydan Statement
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Silent Achiever, Vespa Win in New Zealand
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days