Team Valor has bought Super Brand, a group 3 winner in South Africa and half sister to South African champion Trademark.The daughter of Royal Chalice will join earlier Team Valor purchase Crimson Palace in the barn of Michael de Kock, as she does 45 days of quarantine in preparation for a campaign in the United Arab Emirates. Crimson Palace won the group I Paddock Stakes earlier in 2003.Super Brand will race in Dubai for de Kock, who earlier this year won the Dubai Duty Free (UAE-I) with Ipi Tombe, which Team Valor now owns in partnership with WinStar Farm.Plans calls for Super Brand to be trained in North America starting
in April of 2004 by Kiaran McLaughlin, who formerly trained in Dubai and this season has won the Bernard Baruch Handicap (gr.II) and Fourstardave Handicap (gr. III) at Saratoga with Trademark.Super Brand has won four of seven career starts, including the Final Fling Stakes (SaF-III) going 9 furlongs in her most recent start on August 10 at Kenilworth race course.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures