Singletary, who was a $3,200 yearling purchase at Keeneland in October of 2001, races in the colors of Little Red Feather Racing. From 10 career starts, he has reached the winner's circle three times and has three seconds and a third, for earnings of $246,922. The La Jolla was the colt's biggest victory, although he also won the Academy Road Stakes at Santa Anita earlier in the year and placed in four other black-type events.
In the Del Mar Derby, Singletary set the pace but gave way in the stretch as Fairly Ransom went on to victory."I guess he'll be back around Thanksgiving," Chatlos said. "I don't need to bring him back any sooner than that. The first goal for him next year is the Shoemaker Mile (gr. IT, at Hollywood Park next May) so there's no reason to have him ready much before then."
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- City Wolf Joins Roster at Pleasant Acres
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong
- Free Mammography Screening at Turfway Dec. 27
- Ritvo to Receive Lou Smith Memorial Award
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says