Although no decision has been made regarding Candy Ride's status in the $4 million Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I), trainer Ron McAnally said after meeting with co-owner Sid Craig that they may decide to put the horse away until next year."I met with Sid and his racing manager the last couple of days down at Del Mar, and they're still trying to decide which way to go," McAnally said. "To me, he was still a 3-year-old when he beat Bobby's horse (Medaglia d'Oro) in the Pacific Classic (gr. I), and he's been in training constantly, even though he's only run six times. I can't say for sure at this time what they're going to do, but in my opinion, just hearing the way the racing manager and Sid talked, I think they're probably going to just wait until next year. That's the way I think they're going to go just hearing their conversation, but again, I cannot tell you for sure until I hear anything definite."There are so many big races for him next year, including the Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I), and we're trying to do what's best for him. He's doing great, but I explained to them my situation, and that is if he has been in constant training for the past several years, then maybe he's due for a good rest. Things could change, but that's the way it stands right now. They'll weigh everything and discuss it over the next few days. You remember what happened the last time someone put up $800,000 (supplementary fee) to run a South American in the Classic?"McAnally was referring to Gentlemen, who was eased in the 1998 Classic after owner R.D. Hubbard put up the $800,000 supplementary fee.As for the status of the Classic's other big horse, Mineshaft, trainer Neil Howard said he and co-owner William Farish will assess the situation after next Saturday's Jockey Club Gold Cup (gr. I) before making a decision.