Trainer Michael Gorham said he is not sure if Steeplechase Farm's Mandy's Gold will compete in the six-furlong Floral Park Handicap. Mandy's Gold was preparing for a run in the Ballerina (gr. I) at Saratoga when she bruised her left-front hoof in an Aug. 15th workout. "We had her in at Delaware last week, but I scratched her," Gorham said. "She's had bad feet all along and it's been a pain in the neck. I'm trying to get her to be 100 percent."The daughter of Gilded Time, the winner of last year's Ruffian Handicap (gr. I), blew out at Delaware Park this morning, but no time was recorded.
"She went okay this morning," Gorham said. "I didn't do a whole lot with her, so she didn't go too fast."Trainer Richard Schosberg is playing the waiting game with Literary Light, who won a $56,000 allowance race on Aug. 18 at Saratoga on over Lilah and Raging Fever. "We want to see who's in there," said Schosberg. "She ran a huge race, especially considering all that she had been through in the last 60 days." While exercising on the training track at Belmont in June, Literary Light lost her rider, crashed through the rail, flipped and ended up in a safety net."We were lucky to get her back in training, let alone have her come back and win," Schosberg said. "She got bruised up, but we were very lucky. She could have done serious damage."Entries for the Floral Park and the rest of Saturday's card will be taken Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- NH House Rejects Expanded Gaming Bill Again
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta