In June, Nebraska Tornado was a game winner of the Prix de Diane Hermes (Frencho Oaks) but she was well behind Domedriver and several others in the Prix Jacques le Marois at Deauville.
"I'm delighted as I know she's a top-class filly with a lot of speed – I'm not surprised or I wouldn't have run her," Fabre exclaimed. "She's a filly who has really only just come to herself as she was growing in the summer.
"The original idea was to go to Keeneland on Oct. 4 for the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (gr. IT) but, as it comes quite close to the Breeders' Cup, the other option is to wait and go straight to Santa Anita. She will go for either the Mile or the Filly & Mare Turf (gr. It). She beat all the good European milers here so the Breeders' Cup Mile could be an interesting option."
"That was brilliant, said Hughes. "She's as good as Banks Hill if not better."
Most Popular Stories
- Researchers Developing Equine Sweet Itch Test
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North