Khalid Abdullah's multiple group I winner American Post and Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) runner-up Snow Ridge top a field of 14 entered in Saturday's Vodafone Derby (Eng-I), the 1 1/2-mile classic at Epsom.
American Post has just one defeat in seven career starts for trainer Criquette Head-Maarek. That was a nose loss in his career bow at Deauville. Bred in England but based in France, the son of Bering won the May 16 French Two Thousand Guineas (Fr-I) at Longchamp in his previous start.
American Post will try and become the first colt based in France to win the Derby since 1976.
Godolphin's Snow Ridge finished second by 1 3/4 lengths to Haafhd in the English Guineas, his only start as a 3-year-old. The son of Indian Ridge won two of three starts as a juvenile including the Hackney Empire Royal Lodge Stakes (Eng-II) at Ascot.
North Light, who won the Totesport Dante Stakes (Eng-II) in his only start this year, will start for trainer Sir Michael Stoute and jockey Kieren Fallon, who teamed to win last year's Derby with Kris Kin.
The full field in post position order with jockey and trainer. All starters to carry 126 pounds:
1. Meath, Jamie Spencer, Aidan O'Brien
2. Pukka, Daryll Holland, Luca Camani
3. Let the Lion Roar, Mick Kinane, John Dunlop
4. Elshadi, Martin Dwyer, Marcus Tregoning
5. Percussionist, Kevin Darley, John Gosden
6. North Light, Kieren Fallon, Sir Michael Stoute
7. Snow Ridge, Frankie Dettori, Saeed bin Suroor
8. Salford City, Johnny Murtagh, David Elsworth
9. Gatwick, Tony Quinn, Mick Channon
10. Massif Centrale, Dane O'Neill, David Elsworth
11. Rule of Law, Kerrin McEvoy, Saeed bin Suroor
12. Hazyview, Eddie Ahern, Neville Callaghan
13. American Post, Richard Hughes, Criquette Head-Maarek
14. Coming Again, Michael Hills, Barry Hills