In May, Jim McAlpine, president and CEO of Magna, announced an agreement to air a live two-hour Sunshine Millions broadcast on NBC Sports for each of the next three years.
The Sunshine Millions was designed to pit the best California-bred horses against the best Florida-bred horses. The series consists of an eight-race card alternating between Santa Anita Park and Gulfstream Park - two of MEC's premier winter racing facilities.
Conceived by Frank Stronach, chairman and founder of MEC, the 2003 Sunshine Millions was one of horse racing's most successful inaugural events, contributing to increases in attendance and handle for the day across MEC's entire network of racetracks of 41% and 32% respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab