"The International Festival of Racing is a special day that deserves
a special wager," said Arlington Park President Cliff Goodrich of the new Pick 4 bet. "It's very rare to be able to wager on three Grade I races in a Pick 4." Under Illinois wagering rules, the Pick 4 is a single-day pool with no carryover. If nobody correctly selects the four official winners, the net pool will be paid out to those with the most winners.
Post positions will be drawn for the Arlington Million, Beverly D. and Secretariat Stakes on Aug. 13. Advance wagering on the $250,000 guaranteed Pick 4 will be offered beginning Aug. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award