Ten Most Wanted was wearing blinkers for the first time for Sunday's work and will likely be equipped with them when he runs next in the $1 million Travers Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga on Aug. 24.
"He went awesome," Dollase said. "We put the cheater blinkers on him, which really aren't much; just a little bit of an edge to get him to concentrate more on what he's doing. I was very impressed, his rider – who has been his rider for months now – was impressed and Cincy (Dollase's wife) said she got goosebumps.
"His last two races were very difficult for him," Dollase said. "After he won the Illinois Derby (gr. II) he was confident, but the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) really shook him up. But he's figured it out and I expect him to run much better in three weeks.
Hall of Famer Pat Day, who has been aboard the Chisholm, Jarvis and Reddam color bearer for his past five starts, will be back aboard the colt for the Travers.
Ten Most Wanted has banked $653,460 from a career line of 8-2-3-1.
Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) winner Eye of the Tiger, who finished in a dead-heat for third in the Swaps with Outta Here, is also probable for the Travers. Alex Solis would ride.
Eye of the Tiger worked a half-mile in :48 2/5 at Del Mar on Saturday for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap