"They're both doing well today," Humberto Ascanio said. "Megahertz really likes the turf course down here I think, which may have made the difference. It was a strange race and had no pace, but Alex (Solis) rode her very well and kept her up closer that normal because of it.
"But they'll both probably be pointed toward the Yellow Ribbon (at Santa Anita) and races like that out here because (Frankel) has so many other turf fillies in the East, like Heat Haze, Zenda, Pertuisane and even a couple others. These two also run very well out here so it makes sense to keep them here."
Champion Golden Apples, who finished across the line in second with Tates Creek and Dublino in the Mabee, will continue on to defend her title in the Beverly D Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington Park on Aug. 16, trainer Ben Cecil said.
"She's well today," Cecil said. "I'm a little disappointed, but she's fine and that's what counts."
Most Popular Stories
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- TOBA November Member of the Month
- TOBA Ownership Webcasts
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014