McPeek said a few factors played in the decision to send Mr. and Mrs. R. David Randal's Wild Again colt to New Jersey to face Funny Cide, Peace Rules and Sky Mesa.
"Five pounds from Funny Cide, $1 million, Grade I," McPeek said. "Those are probably the biggest three reasons. We only get two pounds from Empire Maker to run here for half the money."
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity