McPeek said a few factors played in the decision to send Mr. and Mrs. R. David Randal's Wild Again colt to New Jersey to face Funny Cide, Peace Rules and Sky Mesa.
"Five pounds from Funny Cide, $1 million, Grade I," McPeek said. "Those are probably the biggest three reasons. We only get two pounds from Empire Maker to run here for half the money."
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Arqana Sale Closes With Records