"Being cautious, the tote technicians shut down all but the master," he said. "of course that turned out to be the problem system."
Harper said the off-track systems continued to function properly through the breakdown.
"We lost about $80,000 to $100,000 and that is pretty much all on track," he said. "It could have been much worse. It could have happened yesterday."
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab