Also at its board meeting in Dallas, Tex., new director positions for the Harness Tracks of America (HTA) and United States Trotting Association (USTA) was approved. Both organizations were invited to name representatives to the board.The Consortium also set a timeline on its research grants that are currently under review. Grants will be awarded and announced in September of this year.The Racing Medication and Drug Testing Consortium was formed in December 2001 and is governed by a board of directors representing tracks, horsemen, veterinarians, breed registries, regulatory organizations and security personnel. Funding has been contributed voluntarily by those organizations represented on the board of directors.
Most Popular Stories
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Minimum Stakes Purse to Increase at Aqueduct
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Rosalind Heads Hollywood Starlet
- Jara's Sister to Make Panama Riding Debut
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?