The 5-year-old mare extended her current win streak to four when she captured the May 26 Gamely Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IT) in her last start.
"That's a better race for her," Ascanio said. "It's a $400,000 race and a grade I and a mile and an eighth, so that's where she'll probably go. She's a very good horse and I think she'll be tough in that race."
Tates Creek has won 10 of her 14 career starts, with a pair of seconds, for earnings of $1,121,007. In addition to the Gamely, the Kentucky-bred daughter of Rahy won last year's Diana Handicap (gr. IIT), Las Palmas Handicap (gr. IIT), Noble Damsel Handicap (gr. IIIT) and Jenny Wiley Stakes (gr. IIIT), as well as this year's Las Palmas Handicap (gr. IIT) and San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Among the other Mabee probables is Eclipse Award winner Golden Apples, who hasn't raced since being crowned last year's top turf mare following surgery to remove chips from both ankles.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong