Jim McAlpine, president and chief executive officer of MEC, said, "We are very excited to have attracted someone of Blake's caliber to join MEC. Blake has shown tremendous energy, ability and leadership thus far in his career and we believe that he will be an excellent addition to MEC's senior management team."
MEC also announced that Orr will be leaving the company after a transition period to re-join Magna International Inc. as an executive vice president. Mr. Orr has served as an executive vice president and the chief financial officer of MEC since the Fall of 2000. During that time, he managed all of MEC's financing requirements and played a major role in the strategic development and growth of MEC through its start-up phase.
Most Popular Stories
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability