Jim McAlpine, president and chief executive officer of MEC, said, "We are very excited to have attracted someone of Blake's caliber to join MEC. Blake has shown tremendous energy, ability and leadership thus far in his career and we believe that he will be an excellent addition to MEC's senior management team."
MEC also announced that Orr will be leaving the company after a transition period to re-join Magna International Inc. as an executive vice president. Mr. Orr has served as an executive vice president and the chief financial officer of MEC since the Fall of 2000. During that time, he managed all of MEC's financing requirements and played a major role in the strategic development and growth of MEC through its start-up phase.
Most Popular Stories
- ThistleDown Racino Meet to Begin April 19
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Downey Profile: Improvement Mandated in Rebel
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May Be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita