Trainer Tim Tullock's decision to run Sensibly Chic in another stakes race at Laurel Park Saturday allows Attila's Storm to draw into the $300,000 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash (gr. I) the same day.
The 3-year old finished fourth in last month's TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) at odds of 45-1. The Richard Schosberg trainee draws the outside post and is the co-third choice on the morning line at 6-1.
"He's a pretty nice colt. He's done all that we've asked of him," said Schosberg. "He put in a good effort in the Breeders' Cup and came out of it in great shape.
"We're confident that he belongs in the race," Schosberg added. "We wouldn't be there if he wasn't ready for it. This horse is somewhat of an enigma. He never works fast. Most horses with his kind of speed want to go as quick as they can in the morning but he's completely relaxed. He won't go fast unless he's matched up with a quick horse. The proof is in the pudding. He shows up in the afternoon and does what he has to do."
With Attila's Storm in the main body there were adjustments to the morning line. Ministers Wild Cat (10-1 to 12-1); Forest Park (12-1 to 15-1); Dale's Prospect (20-1 to 30-1); Friendly Island (5-1 to 6-1); Gators N Bears (6-1 to 8-1) and Elusive Jazz (8-1 to 10-1) were all raised. Tiger Heart remains the 7-2 favorite in the full field and I'm the Tiger is the 4-1 second choice.
Midnight Express, who was the second alternate on also eligible list, scratched this morning leaving 16 possible runners for the 14 spots. $300,000 De Francis Dash (gr. I, Race 10, 4:40 p.m.), 3 & up, 6 furlongs (revised)
PP. HORSE, WEIGHT, JOCKEY< ml="" odds="" />
1. Saay Mi Name (MD), 118, Christopher VanHassel, 15/1
2. Who's the Cowboy (NJ), 116, Edwin L. King, Jr., 30/1
3. Ministers Wild Cat (KY), 118, Raymond B. Sabourin, 12/1
4. Forest Park (KY), 118, Mario G. Pino, 15/1
5. Tiger Heart (KY), 118, Edgar S. Prado, 7/2
6. Dale's Prospect (MD), 118, Ryan Fogelsonger, 30/1
7. I'm the Tiger (KY), 118, Jerry D. Bailey, 4/1
8. Clever Electrician (NY), 118, Jeremy Rose, 20/1
9. Friendly Island (NY), 118, John R. Velazquez, 6/1
10. Wild Tale (KY), 118, Rene R. Douglas, 15/1
11. Abbondanza (FL), 118, Enrique M. Jurado, 20/1
12. Gators N Bears (NJ), 118, Abel Castellano, Jr., 8/1
13. Elusive Jazz (KY), 122, Eibar Coa, 10/1
14. Attila's Storm (KY), 118, Ramon A. Dominguez, 6/1Also Eligible
15. Gold Cluster (KY), 118, Jose C. Caraballo, 30/1
16. Blown Audit (MD), 116, Richard Monterrey, 50/1