The screenings will take place in the San Francisco Bay Area on July 22, in Baltimore, Maryland on July 23 and in Dallas, Texas on July 24 and are among a select few that will be shown prior to the world release of the film on July 25.The film is an epic drama based on the best-selling book by Laura Hillenbrand. Seabiscuit tells the story of three men--a jockey (Tobey Maguire), a trainer (Academy Award winner Chris Cooper), a businessman (Jeff Bridges)--and the down-and-out racehorse that took them and an entire nation on the ride of a lifetime during the dark days of the Great Depression.The three events will take place in cities near MEC racetracks--namely, Golden Gate Fields and Bay Meadows in Northern California, Pimlico Race Course and Laurel Park near Baltimore and Lone Star Park at Grand Prairie near Dallas. A portion of the proceeds from the three events will be donated to local charitable organizations. In California, the funds will be donated to the Winners Foundation, in Baltimore, the funds will be donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and The Maryland Horse Industry Foundation and in Dallas, The Lone Star Park Charitable Foundation for Grand Prairie will be the recipient.For ticket and sponsorship information, please call: (510) 559-7300 for the San Francisco Bay Area event, (410) 628-0795 for the Baltimore event and (972) 237-4367 for the Dallas event.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures