Bettarun Fast will attempt to win her second straight graded stakes in Hollywood Park's co-feature Saturday, the $100,000 Railbird (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at seven furlongs.
Bettarun Fast, a winner of four of eight starts for earnings of $168,505, scored a hard-fought victory in the Santa Paula (gr. III) at Santa Anita Park last outing at odds of 31-1. She squeezed through an opening along the rail to beat fellow Railbird starters El Mirage Queen and Acceleration by one-half length.
Vladamir Cerin trains the bay Florida-bred daughter of Kelly Kip
for owner Patricia and Stephen Fitzpatrick. She drew the four-post and will be ridden by Aaron Gryder, who was aboard in the Santa Paula upset. Bettarun Fast has a record of 4-2-0 in eight starts and earned $168,505.
El Mirage Queen nosed Acceleration for second in the Santa Paula.$100,000 Railbird Stakes (gr. III, Race 3, 1:02 p.m.), 3-Year-Old Fillies, 7 Furlongs
PP. Horse, Weight, Jockey
1. Mystery Girl (FL), 115, Tyler Baze
2. El Mirage Queen (KY), 115, Jose Valdivia, Jr.
3. So Long Sonoma (KY), 118, Jon K. Court
4. Bettarun Fast (FL), 120, Aaron T. Gryder
5. Silly Little Mama (CA), 118, David Cohen
6. Acceleration (KY), 113, Juan Ochoa