"Outta Here is as good as he's ever been right now," said Currin, who is also the colt's trainer. "Tyler's going to ride him because his regular rider is in Japan."
Kent Desormeax, who has ridden Outta Here in all but one of his nine career starts, is currently under contract to ride in Japan and wasn't able to be back in California to ride the colt on Sunday due to previous commitments. The ultimate goal for Outta Here, according to Currin, is the July 13 Swaps Stakes (gr. II).
Outta Here won last year's $500,000 Delta Jackpot Stakes and placed in three other graded stakes events. He is expected to face Lazaro Barrera Memorial Stakes (gr. III) winner Blazonry, Snow Chief Stakes hero Chief Planner, Golden Gate Mile winner Ministers Wild Cat, grade II-placed Eye of the Tiger and maiden winner Bullistic in the Affirmed.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia