"I'll make my final decision (Monday)," Currin said. "It was a good work, but I'm going to wait and see how he came out of it before I say one way or another. But tomorrow is the deciding day."
Outta Here won the $500,000 Delta Jackpot Stakes last year. He finished fourth in the $2 million UAE Derby (gr. II) in March and was seventh, beaten by 6 ½ lengths, in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) May 3 in his last start. If the colt skips the Belmont, there's a chance the Kentucky bred will be pointed toward a campaign on the turf. He's earned $504,260 with a record of 9-2-2-2.
Confirmed Belmont starter Ten Most Wanted, ninth in the Run for the Roses last out, galloped 1 ¼ miles Sunday morning at Hollywood Park and schooled in the gate for trainer Wally Dollase. The Chisholm, Jarvis and Reddam colorbearer will get his final pre-Belmont tune-up Monday before leaving on a plane bound for the Big Apple early Tuesday morning.
Also expected to be on Tuesday's New York-bound charter is Stan E. Fulton's grade III winner Roll Hennessy Roll, who logged a half-mile in :48 3/5 handily over a fast Hollywood track Sunday. The son of Hennessy was scratched from last Monday's Lazaro Barrera Memorial Handicap (gr. III) because of a minor foot bruise, but has recovered sufficiently to start in Saturday's Riva Ridge Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II), trainer Rafael Becerra said.
Roll Hennessy Roll, who last finished second to Posse in the Lafayette Stakes (gr. III) at Keeneland in April, is expected to have Jose Santos in the irons for the Riva Ridge.
Most Popular Stories
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Eluisve Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field
- Cyber Secret Sets Turfway Mark in Stakes Win
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner