Churchill Announces TRF Fund Raiser
Updated: Friday, May 30, 2003 4:17 PM
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2003 4:17 PM
Churchill Downs Inc. announced it will host a fund raiser for the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation on June 13, 2003.
The 2003 Out to Pasture Party to benefit the TRF will be held at the Kentucky Derby Museum in Louisville beginning at 6:30 p.m. EDT and feature cocktails, dinner, entertainment, and both live and silent auctions. All proceeds will go to the care and feeding of horses retired to or being rehabilitated at TRF farms.
The live auction will feature six (6) third-floor, box seats to the 2004 Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks as well as a number of VIP "experience" packages, including:
* Two playing spots in the 11th annual Chrysler All-Star Shootout at Rich Harvest Links golf course in Sugar Grove, Ill., in June 2004 (accommodations included);
* Trip for four (4) to two popular Florida theme parks (accommodations included);
* Use of a Churchill Downs' Jockey Club luxury suite for a day of live racing during the 2004 Fall Meet (accommodates 22 guests; food and non-alcoholic beverages included) and race trophy presentation;
* Tickets to the July 19 premiere of "Seabiscuit" at the Palace Theatre in Louisville, Ky., including access to exclusive pre- and post-premiere receptions, night's stay in premium Louisville hotel and memorabilia autographed by movie star Tobey Maguire;
* Kentucky Derby 130 VIP, "all-access" tour; and an
* Ownership stake in 2-year-old race filly campaigned by West Point Thoroughbreds and trained by Dallas Stewart.
A silent auction of racing and sports memorabilia and premium gift items will also be held. Jack Van Berg will serve as celebrity auctioneer for the live auction.
Tables of 10 seats in the Kentucky Derby Museum's Great Hall can be purchased for $1,500 and include a one-year sponsorship of a TRF horse. Individual tickets with second-floor seating can also be purchased for $100 per ticket. To reserve tables or individual tickets, contact Julie Koenig Loignon at (502) 636-4502, (800) 28-DERBY, ext. 4502, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREE! E-Newsletters from The Blood-Horse!...
Follow the top stories of major racing events, racing previews and results with FREE e-newsletters from bloodhorse.com. As news develops, we'll deliver updates to your inbox. Follow important events moment by moment, step by step!