"He had surgery to remove some chips from his knee," O'Neill said. "I've had him a few weeks now and he's doing very, very well. He's very close to a race."After his unplaced finish in the Preakness and two other graded stakes on the East Coast last year, Menacing Dennis returned to California and won the Earlene McCabe Derby at Sacramento before his third in the Bull Dog and subsequent surgery. From 10 starts, Menacing Dennis has won three times with a second and a third for earnings of $166,078.
"He's a very good horse and I think he's going to have a good year," said O'Neill, who is currently Hollywood Park's leading trainer with 19 wins heading into Monday's holiday program.
Most Popular Stories
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Santa Anita Reducing Takeout on Daily Double
- TimeformUS: The Hollywood Park Swan Song
- Stallion Monba Represented by First Winner
- Calder Releases 2014 Partial Stakes Schedule
- De La Cruz Soars at Tampa Bay With 4-Bagger
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- King Kamehameha Son Dominates in Hong Kong