The $100,000-added Open Mind, a five-furlong turf sprint at Churchill Downs Saturday, came up so evenly that the early favorites in a field of 13 3-year-old fillies -- Magical Ride and Classify -- are listed at odds of 4-1 and 5-1, respectively, on the morning line.
The Open Mind is the featured ninth race on an 11-race Saturday program at Churchill Downs.
Louise and G. Watts Humphrey Jr.'s regally bred Magical Ride, a daughter of Storm Cat out of the Test Stakes (gr. I) winner Victory Ride, has won two of five career starts for trainer Rusty Arnold. She is coming off a 1 1/2-length win in a six-furlong allowance race over Polytrack at Keeneland.
Rafael Bejarano will ride the tepid morning line favorite who breaks from post 12.
Winchell Thoroughbreds' Classify, the 5-1 second choice who starts for trainer Steve Asmussen, reeled off three consecutive victories at Oaklawn Park before she finished fourth in the Hallowed Dreams Stakes at Louisiana's Evangeline Downs. Shaun Bridgmohan will ride the bay daughter of Unbridled's Song from the outside post.
Other contenders in the Open Mind include Mount Glitter (6-1), the runner-up in the Bedanken at the Fair Grounds who will be ridden by Kentucky Derby-winning jockey Calvin Borel; Si Si Mon Amie, a runner-up in a turf allowance at Keeneland; and Elitist, a winner of two of four starts whose only poor race came in Keeneland's Ashland Stakes (gr. I).
$100,000 Open Mind Stakes (Race 9, 5:21 p.m.), 3-Year-Old Fillies, 5 Furlongs (Turf)
PP. Horse, Jockey, ML Odds
1. Mount Glitter (KY), Calvin H. Borel, 6/1
2. Sheets (KY), Corey J. Lanerie, 10/1
3. Miss Atlantic (KY), Joe M. Johnson, 30/1
4. Taletobetold (KY), Brian J. Hernandez, Jr., 12/1
5. Si Si Mon Amie (KY), Mark Guidry, 8/1
6. Simply Divine (KY), John McKee, 10/1
7. Miss A. Bomb (KY), Jamie Theriot, 15/1
8. Floral Park (KY), Miguel Mena, 10/1
9. Molly by Golly (KY), Jesus L. Castanon, 15/1
10. Im Classic Quality (KY), Julien R. Leparoux, 10/1
11. Elitist (KY), Larry Melancon, 8/1
12. Magical Ride (KY), Rafael Bejarano, 4/1
13. Classify (KY), Shaun Bridgmohan, 5/1
Each assigned 118 pounds.