by Karen M. Johnson
In advance of a severe weather forecast in New York, officials at Aqueduct announced Dec. 15 the cancellation of the Dec. 16 card. Aqueduct will be open for simulcast wagering Dec. 16. Parking and admission will be free.
A nine-day holiday break is scheduled to begin Dec. 17, which means Aqueduct’s final racing program until Dec. 26, is Dec. 15.
The $100,000 Gravesend Handicap (gr.III), carded for Dec. 16, has been rescheduled for Dec. 29, along with the $75,000 Gallant Fox Handicap.
This is the fourth weather-related cancellation at Aqueduct’s fall meet, which began Oct. 24.
The forecast for the New York metropolitan region called for a wintry-mix of precipitation and high winds, beginning the evening of Dec. 15 and continuing the following day.