Trainer John Sadler confirmed Friday that he planned to run track record-holder Hombre Rapido in the $200,000 Los Angeles Times Handicap (gr. III) and Palmeiro in the $150,000 Mervyn LeRoy Handicap (gr. II), both on May 10 at Hollywood Park. Palmeiro, a 5-year-old gelding, returned from a nine-month layoff to finish second in the Berkeley Handicap at Golden Gate Fields on March 29. He has recorded two firsts and two seconds in five outings here."He bled at Del Mar and we turned him out four months," said Sadler Friday. "He returned with an honest second in his prep, and he likes this track." The Mervyn LeRoy is at 1 1/16 miles.Hombre Rapido, a 6-year-old gelding, set a track record of 1:01.67 for 5 1/2 furlongs on a wet-fast track at Hollywood Dec. 2 under Jose Valdivia, Jr., who has the call back in the L.A. Times Handicap at six furlongs. The front-running speedster is owned and was bred by Granja Vista Del Rio Stable.
Most Popular Stories
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- And They're Off: Hollywood Park Farewell
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Hialeah May Push for Thoroughbred License
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- NYRA Budget Passes, But Not Without Debate